5.18.2010

about 16 months.




























{we don't have a lot of recent pictures of Isla because she was sick the last couple weeks but she is all better now}

one of Isla's favorite times during the day is bath time. she can spend a LONG time splashing and playing with her toys (until she gets water in her eyes).


Each day I am amazed at new things she is understanding, its incredible. she really understands so much of what I say now and tries to copy me a lot. Like I recently gave her cherries for the first time and after only saying it twice she was trying to say it, it sounded more like "shech-shee"...so sweet!

She has some interesting favorite foods....she LOVES soy marinated salmon which I make often. she gobbles it all up and says "more?" (the word she says the most). I was having a hard time getting her to eat other meats but she does devour breakfast sausage as well (so healthy right?). She requests "nanas" a lot and goes to help herself with snacks out of the cupboard like crackers, pretzels and nilla wafers. But her favorite food by far is any and all fruit.

she walks on her tip-toes a lot!

she LIVES for going outside and on car rides. If I but even touch my jacket, she starts saying "go?" and "carride?" once we are in the car, she is so in her happy place hugging her stuffed tiger we keep there. sometimes she catches me staring at her in the rear view mirror...she then gets all bashful and does this little wave and says "hi.."

she is very social and at the grocery store she will talk and laugh at everyone passing by...but occasionally someone scares her so she hugs me super tight until they are gone.


she loves nursery rhymes and songs like the wheels on the bus, ABCs and its raining its pouring. she still loves the amazon kindle commercials a lot and loves when I sing those songs to her at bedtime.


she hugs her mama a lot...its the best feeling in the whole world and I just wish it lasted longer!

No comments: