We went to NYC for the weekend. We had such a blast, Isla was so happy and fun the entire time, in fact the only time she cried was when it was time to go home. She loves adventures! After checking into the hotel we headed to Stages deli, one of the famous jewish delis with pastrami on rye etc. We all loved it.
Then we went to the American Museum of Natural History in the upper west side. It was a really fun museum with lots of dinosaur fossils and very realistic window displays of animals in their habitats. The best part was this Butterfly exhibit that I did not take pictures of, but basically you walk into this room full of butterflies flying around and they even land on you. It was amazing!! Each one was so beautiful. I could have stayed in there longer.
I forgot my camera later on but we went to an Italian place to eat, it was pretty fancy but Isla was very well behaved the whole time thank goodness. Then we got cheesecake at Juniors.
The next day we walked down 5th Ave, saw Rockefeller center, St Patricks Cathedral and down to FAO Schwarts. It was a really beautiful walk, we really enjoyed it. We hurried to central park next and walked through the Shakespeare garden area, it was so pretty but I forgot to take pictures. We were late to see this marionette show at the "swedish cottage" and ended up not making it. oh well.
Remember on Ghost Busters when they are sitting on the steps at this building?? Its the NYC Public libary. I wanted to go inside but we didn't have time.
They had a show on the huge piano at FAO Schwarts, Isla was getting really into it, dancing and clapping.
This is the toy she picked out and it occupied her for hours. We then got Shake Shack which is a popular place for hamburgers and shakes. We thought the shake was delicious but the burgers were not as good as In & Out, but I guess burgers and shakes are more of a California thing : )
We walked through this street fair, they had really cute jewelry. I got some hand cream that smells like the beach.
That evening we met Steve's sister Ashley and her fiance for dinner at another Italian place (!) and we had more delicious pizza. It was really fun seeing them. On the way there on the subway, I was rubbing shoulders with someone and I hear "are you a Ludlow?" and it was someone we knew in my family's ward in Bountiful. So crazy!
The last day there we went to the beautiful Grand Central. I love it...we got Magnolia bakery goodies. We sat at Bryant Park, which is really nice. We also got some Indian food from a street cart, and it was super yummy.
This is when we were packing the car to go home. Isla really wanted to stay longer! It was an easy 3 hour drive from where we live. Maybe we can make it back another time before we move!
2 comments:
Asdlfkjd
Lindsay, thanks so much for taking the time to visit us at Shake Shack on your trip to NYC. Hope you had an awesome weekend, and our team at the Shack can't wait to see you again next time you're in the city!
-Brandy, Shake Shack
Post a Comment