7.25.2014

Washington


 I find it overwhelming to think of trying to catch up on here. There are hundreds, if not thousands of pictures I would have to sort through. So, as annoying as it is to skip almost a year of photos/events, all I can do is start up again fresh and go from there! I will however try to sum up with a few pics of the last 6 months, our first 6 months in Washington.






















 The winters here are grey and drizzly as we expected, but when the sun does come out, the light and shadows created are unusually beautiful, not sure why.


fun painting wooden beads. time to get painting on canvas.









 I eat an avocado every single day. I have finally learned when it will be the most perfectly ripe amazing thing ever. It is just my favorite thing to eat.





Isla's good friends Brooklyn and Madeline love to play tea party when they come over










Back in early Spring my mom came out and it was so wonderful. My kids were in heaven, and I just loved having her here. We explored some fun parks on the water and she watched the most recent season of Downton Abbey each night! (so good!!) and it was hard to say bye. Hopefully she and my other family members will be able to visit often.





 carnitas tacos with pineapple salsa? glad I take pics so I can remember the good meals!








 Easter











 Mothers Day, Steve made me french toast and bacon.







Isla and I had a much needed girls day out...we went and painted pottery and got frozen yogurt





went blonde and the lady screwed up my bangs. no more bangs! 











 Went back to Utah for Ashley's first baby's blessing, it was great to see the cousins






 Isla's preschool graduation






great simple dinner or brunch recipe, loved it! (click for recipe)



Sam hasn't had much of an online presence thus far in his life. I need to share his cuteness!  He is as boyish as they come....he is strong and steady on those wide chubby legs and feet (that I have to kiss and squeeze all day), he is 25 lbs and can carry around a 15 lb kettle bell....he is persistent, insistent and doesn't give up easy, always letting me know what he wants by pointing and grunting. His obsessions are being outside, being near mommy, electronics, soccer balls, throwing rocks into water, digging his hands into dirt, poking bugs, baths, climbing, moving chairs around to climb up on stuff, pressing buttons is  a big one, milk, dancing to his favorite songs, playing in the drivers seat in the car, and  He understands most of what I say but isn't talking much. He loves to cuddle and watch home videos together that I have taken on my iphone. He waves to every person he sees and even tries to touch them if they walk by close enough. He gives big cheesy flirty smiles and people melt!








Isla grows taller and more like a little lady every day, it scares me.  She is still the sweetest girl in the world. You can find her playing by herself telling stories and singing songs while doing something creative with her toys. She is very social, so eager to be with her friends every chance she gets. We are so glad she has made best friends here so soon. Her obsessions are My Little Pony, Palace Pets, anything Princess related, pink and purple and now blue because of Elsa. She loves her 1 on 1 time with mommy and daddy but also plays great with Sam. She is learning to swim this summer, getting more and more used to getting her face under water (it has been a challenge for her). She is excited for the Fall when she starts kindergarten, soccer and ballet! She tells me she loves me about 50 times a day and also hugs and kisses a lot. She is so smart. Highlights for her these past 6 months have been horseback riding lessons, besties Brooklyn and Madeline, eating at La Isla, a great Puerto Rican restaurant here, swimming at the beach, and watching bunnies in our backyard.







4th of July we grilled trout and it was so good. instead of seeing big fireworks 3 hours past the kids bedtime, we lit off a handful in our backyard





Wow that was a TON of pictures, anyone who made it all the way through, thanks! Thank you Sam for sleeping extra long today so I could do this. Thank you Isla for not minding sitting on the floor next to me sweetly serenading me. Until next time!  :)


1 comment:

Grandma Melissa said...

Wow! Great pictures!!! They capture your last 6 months Beautifully ~ it's the next best thing to actually being there ha!
Thanks for sharing, I can't decide which ones to frame, SO many Great ones!!!