Sadly, Steve had to leave to go back to his training in NYC early on the 4th, but me and Isla did have a lot of fun. It would have been the perfect night if only daddy had been there! We even got lucky and saw really big fireworks up close that people lit off on the beach. Isla kept clinging to me repeating " Isla scared. Isla scared. Isla scared." I was cracking up. (But we did take off a little early....), she didn't cry or anything.We have been so shocked at how big the 4th is here! They have parades and block parties and even fireworks every single night for the week or more before the 4th. On the actually 4th, I could hear fireworks constantly until about 3am. I even heard some on the 5th til midnight too. ? We aren't complaining though, we think its very cool!
Isla was entertaining some people and made friends with some very sweet boys who even let her add to thier sand castles.
ah, the day Isla started walking after her injury! We had gone to a little petting zoo/park with some friends and it must have motivated her. She was limping so bad though, but it was a happy day .
We went to a party on the 3rd thrown by some people Steve will be working with at his residency....they lived right on the water and it was so gorgeous. and here is the front of our little cottage and a little peek inside....
Its starting to feel at home here, though we still have a lot to do to feel totally settled....its a very old house, luckily it was updated around the 80s so its not too ancient...though the scary basement smells like it is. Its a cute house but definitely has its quirks. Isla has been beautiful and darling and I love love love spending my days with her. She has been....adjusting....and being in her terrible wonderful twos, so its been interesting! I cant get the girl to brush her teeth, every day its a battle....but most of the time she is better than EVER and a super fun sweet angel. I love my little buddy! and thank goodness Steve is home for good now! we sure missed him....
2 comments:
Things will get better. It is so hard on them (and us) to move and transition. We have done it so much, I should write a book ;) And the teeth brushing will get better...just keep at it. I have to sing a silly teeth-brushing song now to get them to do it, but they do! She is so beautiful and so lucky to have you as her Mommy! xo
aw thanks Ariel, that is so good to hear. Next time we move I am asking you for all of your tips!
Post a Comment