10.14.2011

Vermont

We went to Vermont last weekend for a few nights. We planned to see the "peak foliage" but because of the Indian summer here in New England this year, the colors are delayed, but it was still beautiful. It really looked a lot like Utah to us....Park City and Mueller Park canyon. But no big mountains. There was tons of beautiful farm land with happy cows.







Isla was an angel the whole time, even with it being 5 hours away. She just sat back, excited to be on a trip again and go to a hotel again, watched her movies and took long naps. Thank you baby girl!











We were staying in Stowe but we drove over to nearby Burlington to rent bikes and ride on a bike path along Lake Champlain for a couple hours. It was GORGEOUS, I was in heaven. Isla fell asleep in the trailer. We didnt want it to end. But we got tired! Afterwards, we got some really good pizza.



 We went to the Ben and Jerry's factory, it was kinda cool I guess. The tour guide joked that they didn't want to leak secrets to Haggan Dazs....




Isla being sassy to Steve







We went to a Foliage Arts and crafts festival....




 and Isla got to pet these super adorable baby cows, they were so sweet.



It was a fun trip! We are looking forward to our next getaway in a couple weeks.......


2 comments:

B&K said...

Such an amazing trip!! I always tell Kyle that I want to go to Vermont during foliage season. someday!:-)

Ariel said...

LOVE it! I love that shot of Isla with the little calf...I love cows! Such pretty scenery...we don't have anything like that down here, just cactus. Boo.