7.02.2012

lately



Our friends commissioned me to do a painting for them, I worked from a photo they gave me. I was a little worried I would be bored with the scene since its one I have seen so many times in my life, in real life and in galleries etc. but I really ended up having fun with it and am so thankful for the practice. 


 the texture  : )






 We had some gorgeous days in the Spring, just perfect temperatures. Now that we are in the full swing of summer, its quite hot and humid but we also have had tons of thunderstorms and overcast days....





 I have been obsessed with yogurt and fruit lately, it was all I craved for a while. I really don't know when to announce this and it never feels like the right time for some reason, but if you haven't heard, we are expecting a baby in December! We find out the sex soon, which will be really fun.  Compared to my pregnancy with Isla, this one has been so nice and easy so maybe its a boy?! I am just starting to show a little so maybe I will start up some belly shots this time around starting at 16 weeks in a few days.


 Its been fun to hear new songs from the Beach Boys' new album, they always make me feel happy!




 I love Ikea so much, this chicken breast was really yummy and only $1.99.





 Since its the summer thing to do in New England, we went berry picking at this gorgeous farm. We were enjoying the yummy berries as we picked them. Im excited to pick blueberries soon.



Tonight the Paci Fairy is coming. I am really hoping she handles it OK. She loves them so much. : / wish us luck...


6 comments:

Sarah and Scott said...

what an amazing painting! and congratulations!! can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl

Lisa and Mark said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! first off, congrats! second off, your painting is amazing! you are so talented. i canNOT WAIT to have you do one for me. i seriously (no joke) have butterflies. who was this for??

Ariel said...

So excited to see a post from you!! You will be fine once the paci is gone...she may have a rough few days but then they really do get over it! I promise :) I thought River would just die without it, but he didn't even ask for it after 2 days. She is such a cutie. I need to email you back....this is our last full week of J's Masters program, so we are so busy, but ALMOST done!!! xoxo

Ariel said...

AND.....I love your painting. I need to find a picture for you to do for us! :)

Lindsay said...

Thanks guys!! Lisa, it was for the Swans, you are so sweet. Ariel, I hope Isla handles it as well as River did!

B&K said...

Congratulations!! I was wondering if you were based on previous blog posts it seemed like you were dropping some hints:-)

You're painting is truly beautiful. You're amazing!!