In a couple days, Sam turns 2 months old! I will be interested to see what he weighs because he has gotten so deliciously round, just a butterball he is!
 |
| I am trying to eat more vegetables. This is so yummy- fennel, zucchini and chickpeas. |
 |
| | | | |
We got as prepared as we could to be snowed in during Nemo and got lots of food and even flashlights and things in case the power went out. Which it did. We had no idea how freezing it would be in our old drafty house. We woke up and had to wear our warmest parkas and by the afternoon, we were getting pretty worried. We had called all the hotels in the area and everything seemed to be sold out. If we didn't have 6 week old Sam, it would have been a different story. I was napping with him under our down comforter in the afternoon and still felt incredibly cold, it was about 40 degrees in our house, so what would it be like for another night and 7 degrees outside? We were then told we wouldn't have power again until 2 days later. The roads were covered in snow but with 4 wheel drive, we drove around and got warm in the car. My sweet mom was busy calling and calling to try and find a hotel room somewhere. Our neighbors who all have generators bc they are from here and know this happens in Rhode Island often, offered to let us sleep at their house but they are complete strangers and the homes are tiny. We went inside our dark and freezing home and tried to get creative with our down comforters to make a tent or something. We were feeling really down and then my mom saved our lives. She somehow managed to find a nice hotel room in Providence (which had power) for us! Using our flashlights, we scrambled and packed a bag as fast as we could. We were crying happy tears. 40 minutes later when we got to our hotel room, it was heaven. So warm and cozy, we felt so grateful. It is amazing how much we take things for granted. We stayed 2 nights. thanks mom!!

Sam was a sweetie throughout the whole ordeal.
I found the best recipe for homemade chocolate chip cookies. Google "Laura Bush's Texas Governor's Mansion Cowboy cookies". you're welcome.
I promise to never try my hand at cutting hair ever again. Sorry Isla!
First time taking Sam to the grocery store.
On the ceiling in this room is a light fixture that Sam loves. He has always stared and stared at it and now the second he sees it, he smiles like crazy and hoots and talks to it. It is so cute!
Sam has been such a good baby! He is just so happy and sweet. He loves to have conversations with me. When he needs us, he hoots and squeals. He is getting nice and chunky, I love it. I think Isla has discovered that she gets more attention when she is really loud and bouncing around near the baby all day long. Things are starting to get easier and feeling more normal again. I am so looking forward to Spring when we can spend our days outside! I am already dreaming of picnics, walks on the beach collecting stuff, and strawberry picking!
2 comments:
that's crazy about how cold it got without power--so glad your mom could find you guys a hotel!
Wow! Such Great Pictures!!! Loved all of Sam's and Sam's with Isla, soooo sweet!! and Cuddly :). Wish I could squeeze him to pieces!
I want the recipe for your fennel, chickpea dish- Yum!!
Oh, and BTW, I think Isla's bang look great! - She's so cute no matter what, but, really, the two pictures I'm seeing them in, the bangs look fine! (Maybe they've grown out some in these pictures ha!)
Post a Comment