10.28.2012

lately




the best candle scent, I had it last year too. 



 Isla's favorite thing so far this season - the pumpkin patch.



 my favorite soup lately, potato leek.








 





 

Steve turned the big 3-0. He requested a pie so I made banana cream. I think he had a nice birthday weekend.

 

These pictures are more flattering than I really look I think, maybe its the flash lighting. My belly definitely looks bigger in real life! Just barely 8 months now. 








 

On the way to NYC it was dark but on the way home, I died over the leaves. I have an excuse but I might have started balling at the beauty of it all and Steve's look on his face was priceless. There was this moment where all these leaves were falling in the sunlight, it was just breathtaking! 

 

 All ready for her first day of play school at the local High School. Its like a home economics class, there are all these sweet students that shower each child with attention for 2 hours, doing crafts and interacting, she LOVES it.



Fall has been so pretty here this year. We have been loving all the bright colored leaves, especially the big tree in front of our house! Isla and I just love hearing the crunch of the leaves and the smell in the air, its been so great. Hurricane Sandy might come tomorrow and put an end to this and could even bring snow, so we will see. We went to NYC for a short weekend that fell on Steve's birthday and we were really caught off guard at how my body couldn't handle all the walking! I had been feeling so great so we thought it would be fine with some rest breaks....but it was so hard on me, my belly was contracting by the minute and I felt a lot of pressure in lower belly, so we skipped out a little early. It was so fun though, Central Park looked so pretty and we had some delicious food. We also got a cute outfit for Isla at Zara for her first day of play school. Doesn't she look so darling?? She also got to dress up in her Tinker Bell costume and go to the church Halloween party, last night. Wish us luck during this storm, hopefully we won't be out of power for too many days!


2 comments:

Grandma Melissa said...

Wow! Love your pictures!! The Fall time is so pretty there! LOVED seeing Isla all ready for Pre-School :)!!!
Loved seeing your Tummy!!!! Can't say it looks much different from mine after a large meal, HA!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!
Time will fly by this next month and a half, ENJOY!!!
Love, Grandma

Lisa Hobbs said...

Hey there! You look sooo cute! It is always cute when it's not you, but really you look awesome! I am expecting baby #5 (LAST ONE!), so I am sure that I will look huge in no time! HAHA! due June 24, 2013! Hope all goes well for the end of the pregnancy and delivery!